Resources // Blog

Teacher Cards


Haverhill teachers who live out of state are eligible to receive Haverhill Public Library cards in order to check out materials for their classroom use. If the teacher lives in Haverhill or another Massachusetts town, they can obtain a regular HPL library card by showing proof of address at the Circulation Desk. Teacher Cards are for the school year only, and require proof of school department employment. Teacher Cards can only be used for Haverhill items, and cannot be used for other libraries in our Consortium.

Things to Remember:

  • You must be a teacher working for the City of Haverhill to receive an HPL Teacher Card.
  • To claim your card, please bring proof of City of Haverhill employment to the Library to verify your information.


    To pick-up your teacher card, please bring a valid pay stub or school ID to verify employment with the Haverhill Public Schools Department. Teacher cards are only active for the current school year and will need to be renewed each year.

    By requesting a teacher card you are agreeing to the following: I will be responsible for all materials checked out on this card. I will follow the regulations of the Haverhill Public Library. I will notify the Library if my address changes or if my card is lost. Failure to return overdue library materials; failure to report lost library materials; destroying or damaging library materials; or failure to reimburse for such lost materials or damages is a violation of M.G.L. Chapter 61, Acts of 1990, M.G.L. Chapter 266, Sections 99 and 100 and is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000.

    I Agree