Art Exhibit Procedures
The Haverhill Public Library makes available exhibit space for local artists as an extension of its mission “to serve the cultural, social, and community needs of a diverse population…” To apply for exhibit space, artists must complete our form and agree to the Art Exhibit Procedures below.
At present, the exhibit area consists of 113 linear feet of wall space on the second floor of the library. The following procedures are designed to facilitate the arrangements for art exhibits.
- Artists should contact the director’s office to coordinate set up, removal, and publicity (373-1586, Ext. 617). The office will coordinate these functions with building maintenance.
- Exhibits may be scheduled from 4-8 weeks.
- Library will supply “S” hooks and chains for hanging artwork, and also a ladder and table if needed.
- Artists will supply the hanging material (wire, nylon, etc.). Under no circumstances should any material be adhered to the walls. If there is any damage done to the wall by the artist, the library will bill the artist for any expenses incurred to repair the wall.
- Artists are responsible for providing information for exhibit announcements, fliers, press releases, price lists, etc. to the director’s office, as well as replenishing business cards and other information.
- Artists may make arrangements with the director’s office for a reception. Beverages must be non-alcoholic, clear liquid and non-staining. Food consumption is restricted to the gallery area.
- Artists are required to sign a waiver of liability for lost or damaged artwork.