Skip to content
Resources for When You Need Help
The Trevor Project
- National, confidential support for LGBTQ+ and questioning youth in crisis. Connect with trained counselors via chat, text message, or phone (866-488-7386)
- Trans Lifeline is a grassroots hotline and microgrants 501(c)(3) non-profit organization offering direct emotional and financial support to trans people in crisis – for the trans community, by the trans community.
- North Shore Alliance of GLBTQ Youth, located in Salem, MA.
- Merrimack Valley Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Youth
National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, across the United States.
- A resource to empower youth to prevent and end dating abuse. It is a project of Break the Cycle and the National Domestic Violence Hotline. Connect with peer advocates via chat, text message, or phone (866-331-9474).
National Safe Place
- A youth outreach program that educates thousands of young people every year about the dangers of running away or trying to resolve difficult, threatening situations on their own. This initiative provides safe havens and resources for youth in crisis. If you need immediate help, please text "SAFE" and your location to 69866 for help.
- The nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN carries out programs to prevent sexual violence and help victims. Access local rape crisis centers and get confidential help through the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800-656-HOPE)
Crisis Text Line
- Free, 24/7 emotional support for those in crisis. Our crisis counselors practice active listening to help people in crisis move from a hot moment to a cool calm. Text “START” to 741741.
- Interactive activities to help teens understand how to get help if they are the target, the witness or the aggressor in a bullying situation.
Bullying & Cyberbullying
- Massachusetts laws & regulations about bullying. Includes resources.
Speak OUT against Bullying
- Resources from the American Library Associate for teens in trouble (and the people who care for them!).
STOMP OUT Bullying
- A national anti-bullying and cyberbullying program for kids and teens.
Teens Against Bullying
- Teens Against Bullying was created by and for teens, this website is a place for middle and high school students to find ways to address bullying, to take action, to be heard, and to own an important social cause.
- A national nonprofit organization inspiring youth to discover, amplify and pursue their natural high so they have a reason to say no to drugs and alcohol.
Massachusetts Substance Use Helpline
- A state run resources for finding licensed and approved substance use treatmeant and recovery services. This is a free service that is not connected to any treatment facility, their goal is to match you with the best treatment option for your situation.
You can call them Monday-Friday from 8am-10pm and 8am-6pm weekends. The Helpline is open on all holidays (800-327-5050).
Al-Anon Teen Corner
- A place just for teens affected by someone else’s alcoholism.
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is a nonprofit which seeks to improve the quality of life for people living with mental health conditions, their families, & their caregivers
- YouForward supports young adults ages 16 to 26 in Lawrence and Everett, Massachusetts who are experiencing mental health challenges.